With the current economy finding a job is not easy. To help those looking for a job within our congregation, the members of our church banded together to pool their resources, experience, and knowledge.
We offer the following assistance:
- Resume review – is your resume old and outdated or just not getting your best image across? We will review your resume and offer suggestions to tweak it and improve it.
- Cover Letters – make a good impression with your cover letter is the first step. Like your resume, we’ll review your cover letter and offer suggestions to help you put your best self forward.
- Mock Interviews – sometimes you are not aware of how you come across during the interview. We give you practice interviews that help us determine what you might be doing to distract the interviewer or make yourself not quite the perfect fit for the company.
- Job leads – can sometimes give you job leads you might not have gotten otherwise. Through collaboration with our members, job boards they belong to, or job openings at their workplaces – our members may be able to point you in a direction that’s right for you.
- Prayer support – our church offers regular prayer for those searching for jobs.
Please keep in mind, there are no guarantees that you will find a job with our assistance but it can’t hurt and you do get good advice from our church members (some of whom are or have been VPs of Human Resources of hiring managers).
Jobs Ministry Articles
Avoiding age questions
Cover Letter Points
Cover Letter Points 2
Does Your Resume Scare Them Away
Don’t Send a Thank You Letter
Getting Through the Phone Interview
Grab Their Attention Cover Letters
Organize and Manage Your Job Search
Preparing for the Interview
Questions to Ask in the Interview
Resume Tune up Hints
Social Media a Help or a Hindrance
Subtle and Not So Subtle
The ABCs and D of Interviewing
The Deadly Sins of Interviews
The Interview Part I
The Interview Part II
They are Calling Me Back for a Second Interview
Things You Should Not Do During an Interview
Verbal Business Cards Are a Waste of Time
We Have Nothing To Fear
What Have You Been Doing All This Time
Who You Gonna Call