Who are DISCIPLES WOMEN?
All women of First Christian Church of Torrance are part of the Disciples Women.
Our purpose is
- to provide opportunities for spiritual growth, enrichment, education, and creative ministries to women
- to develop a sense of personal responsibility for the whole mission of the Church of Jesus Christ
- to unify the efforts of women in promoting Christian witness and establish Christian relationships in our church and community
We are connected both regionally and nationally with other women to help make this mission happen.
Some of the ways the women put this purpose into action is by sponsoring and participating in the following activities and services:
- The Annual Holiday Boutique & Grandma’s Attic (typically held in November)
- Friendship Dinner
- Monthly Luncheons with interesting speakers and service projects
- The Annual Spiritual Growth Retreat in the mountains at Loch Leven
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- With an emphasis on supporting local, national and global outreach opportunities
Here in Torrance there are many opportunities for you to be a part of this ministry. One of which is to join with us in a small group for study, prayer, sharing, and fellowship – we’d love to have you join us for a fun and enriching time together. Another is to join us in our monthly “Lunch & Program” meetings on the fourth Sunday at noon. Can vary depending on holidays.